Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

3 Things You Don't Know About Fat Loss

from Men's Health Magazine

1. Squats may burn up to three times more calories than previously thought, according to a new study in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. They're also great for packing on muscle. Every workout in our plan features this classic move.

2. Aim to drop 20 pounds this summer and you can look great. Men who set higher expectations lose more weight, report researchers at the University of Minnesota Stick to the routines on this poster and you can expect to shed 4-5 pounds in your first 2 weeks, and 1 to 2 pounds a week in the months that follow.

3. The calories you burn in a 30-minute job may not matter as much as you think. More important is your calorie loss when you're not exercising. Intense weight training elevates your metabolism for 36 hours. So you lose weight all day, and build bigger muscles.

These are the things that I find helpful in my goal to hit 160 by the end of march. I'll continue posting more tips from articles that I find off of magazines and the internet.

Some of my friends who are reading my blog are already starting to join in on Project Sexy Beast and here are some of the stuff that I believe that could also help you guys attain your goal.

No comments: