Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cravings

Well today I started browsing the net for the gadgets that I have been thinking of getting this year. Since budget has been flowing so far, I can stop dreaming on some of these and hopefully I can bag some of them by the end of this year.

#1
Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

Price: about 11,000

Well, this is something that I know that I might need soon. A zoom lens, I haven't really decided on what to get for zoom lenses since there's a 55-250mm that would be around 12,000 and an 85mm prime lens that would be a bit pricey at 18,000 but would gladly share wonderful bokeh-ish shots like my 50mm have been delivering so far.

I'm expecting the performance for both zoom lenses would be the same as the kit lens (18-55mm) that I already have. So I guess it won't be that bad?

Plan: Save up 2,500 per pay day and manage to gather 5,000 per month. I can manage to get the 28-105 or the 55-250 in 2.5 months tops.

Target: September-October of 2009

Need or Want?: Want (can wait till summer of 2010)

#2
iPod Classic 120GB





Price: about 12,000

This is something that I have always wanted. A big storage mp3/video player that can fit right into my pocket. This would really cater my 50gb+ mp3's that I'm already carrying in my external hard drive. And not to forget the series that I have been faithfully watching for the past 3 or so years. Talk about having Jack Bauer take on terrorists while you're on a plane heading to Hong Kong, or on a Bus heading to Makati.

But there's a little competition on this aspect of gear craving. I want to try the Microsoft Zune since it now has a 120gb model too. With its bigger screen and nice design, and the transfer fidelity that it offers, I'm thinking why not give it a shot? It's priced at around USD 250 (approximately PHP 12,500 or less). The only remaining problem would be the lack of official distributors in the Philippines and of course... service warranties.

Plan: My 13th month would straightly go into funding this craving. Nothing will stop that, unless someone gives me one before December arriveth.

I can now retire, or pass on my 1GB Creative Zen Stone to someone else.
I hate not having the ability to change my playlist when my mood changes in the middle of a long travel.

Target: December of 2009

Need or Want?: WANT!

#3
Canon EOS 500D

Price: 44,000

Well my 300D is a little old and is outdated and is way behind when it comes to technology. This 500D is offering video capture and holds a DIGIC 4 processor aswell. This would be a big upgrade from my 300D who has done nothing but amazing for me so far.

That would mean faster clickage and good ISO range. But then again... all photos would still depend on the man behind the machine.

So I guess 300D won't worry that much on being replaced.

Plan: Not really planning to buy this one at the moment

Target: 2012? 2013? 2014?

Need or Want?: Just an afterthought

#4
PC UPGRADE




Price: About 28,000

Well my desktop at home has been on life support for a couple of years already. It's almost 5 years old and is begging to be buried beneath the sands of time. Placed into a museum to be admired by kids who are wearing space jumpsuits and licking digital lollipops, who have been Living Long and Prospering.

I guess it's time, like Star Trek, for a reboot. My table would need a new digital era composed of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 coming out soon, Left 4 Dead and what not...

Starcraft II and Diablo III anyone?

So what you see there is the ECS A780 motherboard, an AMD Phenom II X4 processor and a 22" Samsung Monitor to start things off. The plan would also include a 500Gb Seagate Barracuda Hard drive, 2 pieces of 2GB DDR2 Memory Modules, and a pack of Skittles.

Plan: 2,500 per pay day would equate to 5,000 a month, and we're looking at 6 months tops. That would mean, move over lens, to see this machine rise around November of this year.

Target: November of this year

Need or Want?: Want and Need... (Daddy needs his zombie killing spree)

With all things said here, I'm looking at a new PC by November and 120gb worth of Music by Christmas of 2009. If properly budgeted and planned, I may be looking at change of wardrobe too since this would also mean that I'd be eating less and spending less on burgers...

I'd probably need new jeans and clothes by then too...

Sheeeeeesh.


----------------
Now playing: Splender - High
via FoxyTunes

No comments: