Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Currently Enjoying: Herbie Hancock (Possibilities, Imagine Project)

 
I grew up on my dad listening to people like Frank Sinatra, Al Jarreau and the likes. He influenced me to appreciate Jazz at an early age and have me singing New York, New York before I entered my teens. You can't blame me for having them on my iPod including the new crooners like Buble and the likes.



Lately, having searching where else have John Mayer been playing, I stumbled into this album by Herbie Hancock called "Possibilities". Then I met the piano genius. It's one of the most listened albums in my Pod not just because it featured Mayer and Sting and others, but because of the awesome things that Mr. Hancock does with his piano.

This June, after iTunes announced the release of his new one, The Imagine Project, featuring artists like India.Arie, John Legend, Dave Matthews, I didn't think twice and just hit the get on my iTunes store. And I don't regret that I even did. This just shot me back to my childhood sitting inside my dad's car while bobbing heads with him listening to Frank Sinatra's duets albums and Al Jarreau's live albums. This will certainly set me off to a Jazzy day today checking out all the other albums that I have on my extensive library.


Imagine Project Track List
1. Imagine feat. Pink, Seal, India.Arie, Jeff Beck, Konono #1 and Omou Sangare
2. Don't Give Up feat. Pink and John Legend
3. Tempo de Amor feat Ceu
4. Space Captain feat. Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks
5. The Times, They Are A'changin feat. The Chieftains, Toumani Diabete and Lisa Hannigan
6. La Tierra feat. Juanes
7. Tamantant Tilay / Exodus feat. Tinariwen, K'naan and Los Lobos
8. Tomorrow Never Knows feat. Dave Matthews
9. A Change is Gonna Come feat. James Morrison
10. The Song Goes On feat. K.S. Chithra, Chaka Khan, Anoushka Shankar and Wayne Shorter

Possibilities Track List
1. Stiched Up feat. John Mayer
2. Safiatou feat. Santana and Angelique Kidjo
3. A Song For You feat. Christina Aguilera
4. I Do It For Your Love feat. Paul Simon
5. Hush, Hush, Hush feat. Annie Lennox
6. Sister Moon feat. Sting
7. When Love Comes To Town feat. Johnny Lang and Joss Stone
8. Don't explain feat Damien Rice and Lisa Hannigan
9. I Just Called To Say I Love You feat. Raul Midon
10. Gelo Na Montanha - 1st Movement feat. Trey Anastasio
11. Your Gold Teeth II

No comments: