Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

4 Years Ago

The wait is over. After four years has passed since we saw Italy beat France, we're finally back for more. Who would get to rise up among the 32 nations to lift up the gold in South Africa?

Who would be the next nation to hold the World Cup?



Ever since I got hooked with the sport, which was back in 2002, when the games were watchable on this side of the planet, since the games were played in Korea/Japan, I fell in love with it.

I was a hardcore basketball player then, and when an opportunity came up to play this sport back in college, I took the chance.

I still remember then that I used to wear the Yellow and Green colors of Brazil, like any other new football fan. I mean who wouldn't fall in love with their game? their players are everywhere and most of all, it was Ronaldo that made me look and fall in love with Real Madrid.

From then, everything changed. From Ronaldo, to Luis Figo, who became my favorite player of all time, followed closely by Zidane, Roberto Carlos and of course, Raul. In Real Madrid, I met all these stars who was then called Galacticos. Although the club play of football is fantastic, the atmosphere is different when it's the nations that play.

And this is why I'm excited this year. Spain has finally broke their curse of not winning a major title after winning the Euro Cup back in 2008. Can't wait to wear the Yellow and Red colors again. Can't wait to talk about the games soon.

I really don't know what to write, and I just want to post something about the World Cup. So here's a mediocre post for you all!

I will be following La Roja's every game, and hope to write about them soon.

No comments: