Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Amazing Grace

After going through another season of me staying away from those that has to do anything with God, God still found me and took me back into arms. Like the shepherd who went out and looked for that lost sheep who couldn't seem to find his way back. Like a lifeguard who picked up a drowning man who couldn't will himself into safety. Like a fireman who saves a man inside a burning house. Like a Savior who draws a sinner who couldn't even think about Jesus into changing his heart to love Him back.

This hymn remains as one of the songs that doesn't fail to bring me into tears for remembering those things. Amazing grace indeed, something I did not deserve, but was still given.

This hymn was written by John Newton back in the 17th century after he found mercy while his ship was being battered by a storm. John Newton was actively participating in the slave trade back then.





Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see
'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace my fears relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed
My chains are gone
I've been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy rains
Unending love, Amazing grace

The Lord has promised good to me
His word my hope secures
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow
The sun forbear to shine
But God, Who called me here below
Will be forever mine
Will be forever mine
You are forever mine 

1 comment:

Ronnie said...

bagong bihis ang blog ha. im happy that you found your way back. i know how it feels to be lost...

btw, you can remove both my links. naglipat bahay na naman kasi ako last year pa hahaha. now blogging at www.ronikage.com