Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

To Leave or Not To Leave

2 years have passed and enter year 2009, 5 months into it, I'd be gunning for three years working in the same company. I've held my own during that stretch, and reasons to stay have gone by. Friends went on to move to another chapter of their work life, Pay has gone from 15th/30th to weekly to guessing. As for me, I wonder with some of my friends, why am I still here?

I used to give out this answer, that I'm happy working there. I didn't mind the delayed pay that I'm getting, I get to learn software development related stuff and such. Right now I'm just full of sh... I ran out of leaves to take day offs, and honestly I don't even care if I lose a days wage just to stay in bed. The office has gone from a place where smiling places and stories come and go to... a fallout shelter with a handful of survivors. It's not the beacon of light that everyone has become accustomed to. Is it time for me to abandon ship?

I don't know where I'm going to see myself after this one though. I'm also thinking to study for a little while, but I don't really know if I can do that at home. Or I could reinsert myself in the industry by looking for another job, new office, new environment, or simply go rogue on this, freelance after studying.

As of now I'm liking the last option since I could go and have my hand on my time and I could shoot here and there with my camera every once in a while. Do the things that I really like instead of waking up everyday dragging myself from bed and put on pants and collared shirts and go to work. I used to like, I just don't know if I can say the same thing right now.

I'm giving myself two months to think about this. December 2008... To leave? or not to leave...

... ... sometimes I think why I even add the 2nd question.

No comments: