Pages

Friday, September 04, 2009

Jay-Z - The Blueprint 3 on The 411


I didn't like it.

I'm more of a traditional Hip-hop listener. I like those solid bass beats that some of old would spit into. And The Blueprint 3 ain't that.

Jay is a futurist, and the third outing of The Blueprint franchise was a step forward from probably what made Hip-Hop, Hip-Hop.

I'd go down with the old Biggie and Pac beats, I'd go down with the southern T.I. tracks. I would bop my head with some old Jigga tracks like Renegade and Takeover. This one only had 1 or 2 that would make me repeat on my iTunes.

It's not a bad album... It's probably a pioneer of the next wave of Hip-Hop tracks, but it's something that I need to grow on with.

The 411? The Blueprint 3 didn't pack enough heat with it.

Track Listing:
1. What We Talkin' About
2. Thank You
3. D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune) **[***]
4. Run this Town (feat. Kanye West & Rihanna) ***[**]
5. Empire State of Mind (feat. Alicia Keys) *****
6. Real As It Gets (feat. Young Jeezy)
7. On To The Next One (feat. Swizz Beatz)
8. Off That (feat. Drake)
9. A Star is Born (feat. J. Cole)
10. Venus vs Mars
11. Already Home (feat. Kid Cudi)
12. Hate (feat. Kanye West) **[***]
13. Reminder
14. So Ambitious (feat. Pharrell)
15. Young Forever (feat. Mr. Hudson)

the tracks on bold are the ones that are memorable for me.



Check out the Hip Hop is Read blog for a more in depth review of Jay-Z's Blueprint 3.

----------------
Now playing: Jay-Z - Song Cry
via FoxyTunes

No comments: