Pages

Friday, March 06, 2009

Farewell to an Icon


March 6, 2009 around 12:00 pm one of the Philippines music Icon and a new-age nationalist, Francis "Kiko" Magalona passed away.

I'd surely miss this man, for the things he did with our music industry and mostly one of the guys who strongly urged our young Filipinos to gain pride in our country.

Farewell idol!
... You're now truly a Freeman.

MUSIC IS LIFE.

I was vocalizing to the new track that we did with Ely B. and THE NEW BAND. Yup, we will have a new band. An album of music, a documentary movie, a foundation, yes all of these will happen. AND I WAS VOCALIZING WHILE TRANSFUSING A PACK OF RBC,

I still hear the voices of Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Tupac Shakur, Kurt Cobain, The Notorious B.I.G. and Frank Sinatra to name a few. And their voices rise from their graves.

I am lucky to have been a recording artist and one day when I leave this world, just like the names I mentioned, my voice will be heard. Always. At a touch of a button or switch, I am "alive" again.

In essence music is life. Music is immortality.

-Francis Magalona
1964-2009

while you're at it... check some of his videos out...
Francis M. - Kaleidoscope World from the album Freeman

His personal Website

Francis M. Clothing

No comments: