Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Untitled

comforter of my heart
affirmer of my soul
i need you once more
after a troubled fall

a prayer in my heart
im afraid of what might start
i cant hold a guitar
nor sing in front of a crowd

a simple mistake
is all that it took
it gave birth to fear
within my heart where you look

comforter of my heart
affirmer of my soul
i need you right here
to wipe off my fear

its hard to hear a song
the one that took me long
o God feel that my heart is heavy
and i dont know when i'll be ready

i trust in your will
my God you are good
i trust in your ways
the way you put these things to shame

i come to you broken
like i have always been
i pray that you make me whole
o affirmer of my soul

o comforter of my heart
wipe these tears of dark
teach me how to worship
no attachments, set apart

everything i lift up to you
i fear that i might fall away
right now i'm not in my right mind
help me o God, let me stay blind

i remember what you did
i'll remember how you shaped me
molded me into this man
who runs to you after screwing up a band

o God my strength
help me up from the ground
i feel my every pound
pulling me down back to the ground

o comforter of my heart
o affirmer of my soul
my Lord and my God
let me know you more.

No comments: